IBM Optim Integrated Data Management enables organisations to more efficiently and effectively respond to emergent, data-intensive business opportunities, meet service level agreements for data-driven applications, comply with data privacy and data retention regulations and grow the business while driving down total cost of ownership.
Optim allows organisations to deliver increasing value across the lifecycle, from requirements to retirement. Optim facilitate collaboration and efficiency across roles, via shared artifacts automation and consistent interfaces. The toolset increases the ability to meet service level agreements, improving problem isolation, performance optimisation, capacity planning, and workload and impact analysis.
By leveraging Optim, organisations are enabled to comply with data security, privacy, and retention policies leveraging shared policy, services, and reporting infrastructure.
Key benefits include:
- Accelerate Solution Delivery by Developing enterprise-ready applications faster to drive business growth
- Facilitate Integrated Database Administration and empower DBAs to drive business results
- Manage Data Growth
- Apply best-practice database archiving capabilities
- Optimise database application performance, pre and post production
- Prepare for Application Retirement and Compliance
- Access data long after retirement to meet compliance requirements
- Protecting Data Privacy and Ensuring Data Security
- Protect vulnerable test environments by applying simple data masking techniques
- Streamline Test Data Management
- Improve application testing and reliability, and speed time to market
- Streamline Upgrades and Migrations