Focus is an accredited reseller and provides expert consulting services for TM1 to our clients.
IBM Cognos TM1 is enterprise planning software that provides a complete, dynamic environment for developing timely, reliable and personalised forecasts and budgets.
IBM Cognos TM1 integrates business planning, performance measurement, and operational data to enable companies to optimize business effectiveness and customer interactions regardless of geography or structure.
TM1 is ideal for sophisticated Business Modelling and forms the keystone of IBM’s critical Performance Management offering. What makes it unique is the Real-Time, 64-bit, In-Memory, Multi-Dimensional OLAP engine, which provides exceptional performance when accessing large data volumes, or when processing complex models.
As part of the TM1 product release program and with highly regarded consultants we are able to provide both TM1 specific applications and integrated applications incorporating elements from the entire Cognos 10 family of products.
Business Benefits of TM1
Businesses can rapidly analyse data and model business requirements for your entire organisation and use the results to budget and forecast with confidence for better business outcomes. Business Benefits include:
- Cognos TM1 supports a full range of enterprise planning software requirements - from high-performance, real-time profitability analysis, financial analytics and flexible modelling to enterprise-wide contribution from all business units.
- Personal scenarios created with advanced personalisation enable an unlimited number of ad-hoc alternatives so individuals, teams, divisions and whole companies can respond faster to changing conditions.
- Analytic processing automates contribution from systems and staff to help eliminate delays in rolling out plans - a 75% reduction in planning cycles is possible.
- Cognos TM1 facilitates the use of best practices such as driver-based planning and rolling forecasting.
- Model design and data access adapt to your business process and present business information in familiar formats.
- Managed contribution makes it possible to personalise hierarchies, dimensions and rollups and to receive an up-to-the-minute status of every participant in the planning process.
- With access to the IBM Cognos Performance Management platform, you realise consistent scorecarding, reporting and analysis - the complete picture from goal setting and planning, to measuring progress and reporting.
- Finance and lines of business have total control over planning, budgeting and forecasting processes.
- You can work with a choice of interfaces: Microsoft Excel, Cognos TM1 Web or Cognos TM1 Contributor.
TM1 Enterprise is highly scalable, and enables enterprise wide deployment using familiar Excel interfaces.
This high-performance 'in memory' enterprise platform helps organisations achieve faster planning cycles and better decision making based on a “Single Version of the Truth”. While familiar Excel interfaces are maintained, greater reliability is achieved by eliminating error-prone spreadsheet calculations.
Other key benefits include:
IBM Cognos Express is the first and only integrated business intelligence (BI) and planning solution purpose-built to meet the needs of midsize companies.
It delivers the essential reporting, analysis, dashboard, scorecard, planning, budgeting and forecasting capabilities that midsize companies need at a price they can afford.
Everything is included in a pre-configured solution that is easy to install, easy to use and easy to buy. Modules include:
- Cognos Express Reporter - Self-service reporting and ad hoc query
- Cognos Express Advisor - Freeform analysis and visualization
- Cognos Express Xcelerator - Microsoft Excel-based planning and business analysis
- Cognos Express Planner - for planning, budgeting and forecasting
IBM Cognos Express is built on the powerful TM1 engine, that enables:
- Read/write at "speed of thought" for Planning and Budgeting What-if scenario modeling for Forecasting
- In-memory multi-dimensional cubes for Analysis and Reporting
- Centrally managed business hierarchies, rules, calculations
- Simplified data extraction & transformation
- Familiar Excel interfaces that leverage Excel functionality and skills